Ensuring your vehicle is “seasonally prepare” is all part of optimal performance and enhances road safety, which is why Euro Fix would like to share these ‘5 Tips for Vehicle Safety as Winter Driving Conditions Approach’.
1. Ensure Your Battery is in Peak Performance
As the cold weather falls upon us, your car battery is something you should be aware of in terms of where it’s at in its lifespan and performance capabilities.
Cold weather puts more strain on a vehicle’s battery, and as a result – could fall into the “dead battery” category due to the added strain of cold weather.
Having a battery volt test performed is a good way to ensure it is fully functional as the weather dips, keeping your vehicle operational and ensuring you’re not stranded and left out in the cold when your vehicle won’t start.
2. Ensure Your Vehicle is Topped Up with the Right Fluids
Having the right fluids for the weather in your vehicle , will also help with its capabilities to withstand the cold – which includes:
- Antifreeze (coolant) …responsible for keeping your engine from freezing
- Gasoline …should be kept at a decent level to prevent any accumulation of water in your tank, which could freeze inside your fuel pump
- Washer Fluid …is vital for cleaning off your windshield , which is more likely to quickly become dirty when driving behind vehicles spraying back moisture and dirt off the road.
3. Ensure You Have the Mandatory Tires for Travel
Ensuring you have the right tires for your driving habits or travel needs, also plays an important role in keeping you safe on the road. With mandatory winter or M+S tires required for BC’s mountain passes, it is important to get fitted with the appropriate treads for the season ahead.
As well, ensuring your tire pressure is at the right level, which is something we can help you with at Euro Fix, is especially important for luxury vehicles with low profile tires.
4. Ensure Your Vehicle’s Defroster and Climate Controls Are Performing Properly
Finicky mechanical systems can cause unexpected concerns with your defrost and climate controls, which we can happily discuss with you during a FREE 15 minute inspection, which we offer any time you visit us.
5. Ensure You Have a Survival Kit in Your Vehicle
Most of us aren’t prepared for the worst, but sometimes it’s the best decision we can make! Which is why we want to remind all our readers to invest in a survival kit for your vehicle, including such things as:
- A blanket
- First-aid kit
- Jumper cables
- Cell phone charger
- Non-perishable food items
At Euro Fix, we would be happy to have a look at your vehicle, checking additional areas that will keep you driving safely, such as: your brake system, wiper blades, and whether carbon cleaning your engine could help enhance your performance.
We are here to help you get through the winter season smoothly, and look forward to offering you our local, trusted and affordable service at Euro Fix located at 19693 60 Ave, Langley, BC.